You have (0) items in your shopping basket
Ready for immediate dispatch.
Product Details for the Sky Lift
If your looking to raise your bike up high off the ground and make working on the floor a thing of the past, then look no further than our Sky Lift! This product will make even the most awkward & tricky jobs on your bike an absolute breeze.
The Sky Lift sets the standard in motorcycle lifts with its safety, versatility, maneuverability and above all usability.
Adaptable to fit over 300 different models of motorcycle without the need for modification to your machine, lift your bike high off the ground at 3 different angles, maneuver your bike around freely using its four high quality casters and be able to do all this and more safely on your own then its easy to see why the abba Sky Lift is considered by us as well as many industry experts to be the new "benchmark" in motorcycle lifts!
The Sky Lift utilizes the same proven fitting kit system as the award winning abba superbike stand and therefor fittings can be shared between both products. With the Lifts built is CE approved hydraulic foot pump the Sky Lift will raise your bike to a very comfortable working height. With your bike lifted in any position the Sky Lifts high quality castors (which include brakes) mean you can effortlessly move your bike around or tuck the bike away in the garage.
One Lift, three positions....
- The Horizontal lifting position allows you to simply raise the bike with both wheels level like a traditional bench lift.
- The Rear wheel high (stoppie position) is perfect for working on the rear end of the bike and allows access to area's on your bike you would have struggled to get to before. This will raise the rear end of the bike higher off the ground than most workbench's!
- The Front wheel high ( wheelie position) will raise the bikes front wheel to around eye level taking the back ache out of front end maintenance and cleaning. This will raise the front end of the bike higher off the ground than most workbench's!
The abba Sky Lift requires no modifications or parts to be permanently fitted to your bike whatsoever, your machine stays totally standard. The lift fits to the swing arm pivot of the motorcycle and connects at the rear of the swing arm via a support strap (depending on lifting position). Should you change your motorcycle its a simple case of upgrading your fitting kit for your new machine, fittings can be changed for different models in a matter of seconds and are relatively cheap to purchase.
With all these advantages and many more, not to mention our 20+ years of highly regarded backup and customer service its easy to see why the abba Sky Lift is the straight forward choice as the ultimate accessory for your motorcycle.
Sky Lift Gallery - See many photos of different motorcycles on the Sky Lift, photos provided from previous customers.
Fitting Application - If you need more detailed information on where the Sky Lift fits your bike, or how our fitting kits work you should find it here.
Product instructions - Can be found on this page.
EU Design Registration No. 002569491
No other product comes close to giving you the same level of maneuverability, security or flexibility as the abba Sky Lift
Key Features of the Sky Lift at a Glance
- No modifications or parts to be permanently fitted, your bike stays totally standard.
- One person, quick and simple operation.
- No more lifting your wheels 2-3 inches off the ground as with normal stands, start lifting them 3-4 feet off the ground!
- Easy to raise the bike off the ground with its CE approved, foot operated hydraulic pump.
- If you change your bike, simply change your fitting kit. Remember, unlike many motorcycle lifts that fit only a hand full of bikes you wont be left stranded... This lift can be adapted to fit over 300+ different motorcycles and counting!
- The bike stays very safe and secure, the Sky Lift locks to both sides of the swing-arm pivot for maximum security.
- Eliminates flat spots on tyres - perfect for long term winter storage.
- Off loads suspension front and rear unlike conventional paddock stands.
- The bike can be locked off at 4 separate height positions for additional safety. (No load on hydraulic pump)
- The Wheels, forks, yokes, shock & engine can all be removed, in fact everything down to the bare frame! Even the swing-arm can be removed with our Swing Arm Removal Kit.
- Takes up considerably less space and allows far more access than a workbench/table.
- Allows you to reach virtually every component on a motorcycle at a comfortable working height.
- Fully maneuverable, push your bike into the corner of the garage and wheel back out when work needs to be done!
- Made with thick gauge and high grade materials for ultimate safety and longevity. The abba Sky Lift is built to last!
- Now supplied with an updated hydraulic pump with a foot pedal for faster lifting. Raise your bike effortlessly via the foot pedal from resting position to maximum height in around 45 seconds.
- All abba products are made in the UK at our headquarters in Essex by skilled engineers with over 30 years experience in the motorcycle industry. Made to the highest standards and all backed up with a full guarantee.
EU Design Registration No. 002569491
Sky Lift Video 1
New Product demonstration video of the abba Sky Lift, lifting a Suzuki Hayabusa.
Sky Lift Video 2
Sky Lift instructional video showing all key features and how to fully operate the lift. Lifting a Yamaha FZ1.
Sky Lift Video 3
Assembly video showing how to fully assemble the abba Sky Lift.
Customer Reviews of the Sky Lift
i bought a sky lift from ur team at this year nec motorbike show, i have to say that the service and help to understand this product was explained very well to me. When getting home ive found this to be alot easier than my old paddock stand and also a lot safer. Thank you guys
Daniel Effard, Wolverhampton England
Yamaha yzf r1
A great big thank you to abba Stands for the fantastic abba Sky Lift.....A-MAZE-ING....a totally awesome motorcycle lift/stand :D I have had an abba Superbike Stand in my garage and in regular use for what must be approaching 10 years, a great stand that I've had tons of use out of with a number of different bikes, none of the many 'conventional' paddock stands (front and rear) have ever come close to the useability of the abba stand. I have also used a Bursig lift stand for the last couple of years but even then the abba stand still had its uses. I also had a hydraulic motorcycle workbench.....'had' because that became surplus to requirements (along with the Bursig) on getting the amazing abba Sky Lift! (I should say that the Bursig was great but the constraints of its capability, one lifting position and a max lift of just a few inches means that it doesn't compare to the Sky Lift) The timing of the Sky Lift's arrival couldn't have been better with a few service/maintenance jobs due on my Multistrada 1200. In the first week of ownership the Sky Lift has had a lot of use, all the service maintenance jobs done with more ease than ever before, being able to lift the bike to various heights in any of the 3 lifting positions is a huge benefit, not to mention being able to move the bike around whilst on the stand. The bike has also had a deep clean (you know, old toothbrushes and Q-tips and sore finger tips! lol) including all those hard to reach/almost impossible to reach places that I could now get at with ease. The bike was very stable on the stand and once I got over the initial slight trepidation of lifting the bike at seemingly scary angles and heights had absolute confidence in its performance. I noted that the labeling on the hydraulic ram/jack quoted the lifting capacity at 3 tons.....any bike will be a breeze then. On the subject of the ram/jack, the stroke of the pumping action is quite short so the rate at which the bike is lifted is a little slow - not really a criticism/issue as such more an observation as I suppose the slow lifting action makes for smother (safer?) progress? Again, thank you abba.........impressed!
Andy W, Weston Super Mare
Ducati Multistrada 1200
Expensive for a bike stand you may think but when you get your hands on one it's obvious where the cost goes. A really solid, almost over engineered, piece of kit with top quality fittings and finish. Makes light work of moving a 260kg motorcycle round the garage. For sheer versatility and ease of use it's got to be 10/10.
Phil Swann, Sheffield
What a great bit of kit. Best lift I have ever used, put it together yesterday, foolproof assembley. I put mine together from the enclosed instructions (piece of cake) but watched the utube clip before I purchased it Half an hour after getting the lift parts out of the packaging I had my r1up in the air,then my multistrada then my sons r6. Thanks abba for a great piece of kit.
Paul smith., essex
R1, R6 & Multistrada 1200
I brought the Sky Lift a few months ago but always like to try things out thoroughly before leaving a review. All I can say is that if you work on your bike or clean them then the Sky Lift is a must, forget all the other lifts on the market nothing comes close to this. I have used it on a range of bikes from Peugeot XPS 50 to a Kawasaki ZZR 1400 and everything else in between and it was perfect, I don't know how I worked on bikes without it before. It is the most versatile piece of kit you can have. Of course all products can be good but it is the support service that counts as well and I can say that the guys at Abba are excellent, when ever I have called them for additional adapters / bobbins they always take their time to ensure they get the right piece and it is always there the next day. Thanks Abba for a great piece of kit Nigel
Nigel Parsons, Sudbury
Kawasaki ZZR 1400
Frequently Asked Questions for the abba Sky lift
- How do I Know if the Lift fits my bike?
Use our drop down list above to select your motorcycle make, model and year. Once selected, any fitting kit required will be displayed, it will also display any optional Bobbin Adapters or Hub Spindles. This list is constantly being updated so If you don't see your bike listed theres a good chance we may still be able to help you. Use the "ask us" form for more info.
- Do I need to modify my bike?
Absolutely not! With the abba Sky Lift your bike will stay totally standard, no modifications or parts to be fitted ensuring your bike stays looking original, and you do not invalidate any Manufacturer warranty.
- What is the maximum weight the Sky Lift can take?
If we manufacture a fitting kit for your bike it will safely lift the bikes weight, you can find this out by using the drop down menus to select your model. The Sky Lift incorporates a 3-Ton hydraulic pump. The lift itself can safely lift a 450kg motorcycle.
- Will it scratch or mark any part of my frame/swing-arm?
No! Unlike paddock stands and other motorcycle lifts, virtually all our fitting kit are designed to fit onto the swing arm pivot bolt heads and do not come into contact with any part of the motorcycle swing arm or frame. Typically all our fittings fit over the swing arm pivot bolt head or inside the bolt hole or hex, just like fitting a socket/spanner or Hex key. No part of the set up has to be permanently attached to the bike, once your motorcycle is off the lift you would not ever know it had been fitted!
- Do I have to locate the strap around a bobbin adapter?
Not necessarily. On all conventional twin sided Swing-Arm motorcycles the lifting strap can be used around the Swing-Arm itself. This is a slightly slower operation as the strap has to be looped around the Swing-Arm and back through the buckle each time. (The strap will not mark the swing arm) Single sided Swing-Arm motorcycles will require a Hub spindle to locate the lifting strap around.
- If I use a hub spindle on my single sided swing-arm bike, can I still remove the rear wheel?
The hub spindle fits inside the rear wheel hub and therefore does not effect the removal of the rear wheel. Both wheels can be removed from the bike when using the Sky Lift in conjunction with a Hub Spindle. The rear Hub and sprocket can also be removed by lifting the bike in the "Stoppie" position.
- Is it safe to leave my bike on the abba Sky Lift - i.e winter storage?
Of course! Thats what the lift is designed for, you can leave your bike on the Sky Lift indefinitely. In fact if you do not use your bike for one day or one year the Lift will keep your bike safe, upright, prevent unnecessary flat spots on tyres and compression on shock/fork springs.
- Is the Sky Lift suitable for exterior use and lifting my bike for general washing and cleaning?
All parts of the Sky lift are either zinc plated or powder coated. There is no issue's with using the product outside or washing your bike while its up on the Lift. The hydraulic pump cylinder is a bar steel finish so we advise this is wiped dry after washing your bike. If you intend to leave your bike on the Sky Lift outside for longer periods (like winter storage) we recommend removing the hydraulic pump from the lift during this long period. Due to the pressure load generated on the main lifting shaft by the roller guides, some areas of the shaft will mark/loose some of the paint finish. This has no effect on the longevity of the product and is purely cosmetic. If you are concerned a smear of light oil on the effected area would suffice.
- Do i have to store the bike at the highest lifting position?
No, the lift has four locking positions (to release all pressure off hydraulic pump) that will enable you to store your bike at various heights, from just a few inches off the ground all the way up to maximum height!
- What do I do if I change my bike and need a new fitting kit?
You simply order a new one... most common kits cost £18.50. You can order either by telephone or on the fitting kit page of our online store. You can also use our Fitting Kit Compatibility Tool to see if you require a new fitting kit for your new bike. We have been developing abba fitting kits now for over 20 years, each year we add to the range when new bike models come out.
- Your lift fits on the swing-arm pivot, how can I remove my Swing-Arm?
We sell an optional swing-arm removal kit which fits onto the footrest hanger mounts. This then allows you to fit the lift with access to the swing-arm pivot, in this mode you can strip the bike down to the bare frame. When removing a Swing-Arm we recommend lifting the bike in the "Stoppie" position, this will allow you to raise the rear of the bike to your desired height.
- Can the Sky Lift be stored easily when not in use?
Absolutely! When not in use the lift takes up very little space at all. If required the Sky Lift can be dismantled down within seconds and will even fit in the boot of your car.
- Will i need any special tools for assembly?
No. Assembly is very straight forward, you will just require a pair of adjustable wrenches or a socket/spanner set to tighten up 3 bolts sizes. (Socket/spanner sizes would need to be 19mm & 22mm & 24mm)
- How long does assembly and fitting take?
When you first receive your Sky Lift some very basic assembly is required. This can be seen by watching our "Sky Lift Video 3" (Click on video tab above) Assembly takes around 15 minutes to complete. Once assembled the Sky Lift can be fitted to the bike with both wheels raised off the ground in a matter of seconds, to raise the bike to its very highest point will take an extra minute.
- How long does it take to pump the bike to maximum height?
All new Sky Lifts sold come with an updated hydraulic pump which is foot operated. You can raise the bike so both wheels are off the ground in just a few seconds. To raise your bike from its resting point to maximum height is around 45 seconds.
- Does the abba Sky Lift come with a guarantee?
Absolutely! As with all abba products, and to give you complete peace of mind, we offer a full no quibble 3 year guarantee. As we do not manufacture the hydraulic pump in house the guarantee on this component is the manufactures standard 1 year guarantee.
- Is everything I need included?
With the exception of a bike, yes! You will receive the full Sky Lift with wheels, foot operated hydraulic pump, lifting strap and fitting kit if required. (bobbin adapters are optional)
- I am worried about the reliability of the Hydraulic pump?
We understand that purchasing anything hydraulic or electrical can have more reliability issues than something without. As the Hydraulic unit on our Sky Lift is capable of lifting 3 Ton, and bearing in mind most bikes we are lifting are under 300KG the unit is only being used at 10% of its capability. During extensive testing we have found the pumps to be extremely reliable. Remember, we only use the hydraulic unit for lifting and lowering. The bikes weight is not supported on the hydraulic unit for any length of time.
- Should something go wrong years down the line with the lift or hydraulic pump, what can be done?
In the unlikely event you do have problems with your hydraulic pump, most parts including seal kits are available at low cost direct from us. We also sell the hydraulic unit at a "cost price" to existing customers, should the worst happen years down the line ensuring your lift will always be fully safe and functional. Unlike many products sold by other companies that have no parts back up, we can supply any part of the Sky lift on its own down to the last nut bolt and washer!
- How quick is delivery?
We aim to dispatch all orders placed before 2pm the same day. All orders are dispatched on a next day delivery service (Not including weekends or bank holidays) For full delivery information please see our delivery information page.
- How can I obtain the product instructions?
We have a page dedicated to product instructions this can also be found with other customer information under the "support tab" above.
- Can I purchase this product from your shop in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex?
You certainly can. We would advise you call us before coming to ensure we have the product in stock.
EU Design Registration No. 002569491
Got a Question about the abba Sky Lift?
If you would like to ask us a question about the abba Sky Lift, simply fill in the form below and we will contact you within two working days.
For a faster response, during office hours, please phone 01245 322 331.
Please note fields marked with * are required.